Friday, January 11, 2013

I Love You Collage Art

When I first saw this idea on Pinterest, I knew right away that I wanted to do it. I loved the way it looked and I like doing collages, so I figured it would be super easy. Which is wasn't! I know, what's hard about a collage? But I really did struggle with getting this thing started and finished. But it's finally done!

As you can see in this picture, I started it more than once. I had a row all cut out and glued on and I just wasn't loving it. So I ripped off what I could and painted over what remained, knowing it would all be covered anyway.

Whenever I had spare time, I went through old magazines, coupon inserts and weekly store ads looking for the appropriate letters and words. After trying out just using individual letters, I realized it looked a lot better with a mixture of words and letters.

Here you can see it about halfway done, and if you look close you can see the mixture. I clipped the letters spelling out I LOVE YOU and the words LOVE and YOU. And then I just did a mixture of ways to write it. Some were spelled out in letters, some were written "I love u" or "I love you!" and sometimes I used "ou" stuck together. 

 Oh, and I just used a regular old glue stick to glue these on.

 Once I finally had everything pieced together, I brushed over the whole thing with Mod Podge, just to help seal it in. 

 Now that it's finally finished, I am really happy with how it turned out. But it was SO much harder than I thought it would be! Not only is the letter V super hard to find in magazines, but even getting the placements right was tricky. But I think it was worth it. Now I just have to figure out where to hang it.

Linked to: Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now, Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots & Jello, Sundae Scoop at I Heart Naptime, Creative Bloggers Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime, Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table & Dreaming, Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog, Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts, What We Wore, Read & Made at Rae Gun Ramblings, Hookin Up with HoH at House of Hepworths, Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage, I'm Crafty Party at So You Think You're Crafty, Catch-as-Catch-Can at My Repurposed Life, Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home, Friday Favs at Nap Time Crafters, Delicately Constructed Friday at delicateCONSTRUCTION, The Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush


11 comments:

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

That turned out perfectly! "Love" it!
-Trish

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

This is GReat! LOVE:)

Lisa said...

Really cute idea! I can see why it took a lot more effort and time with all those little pieces!

Mariel said...

So fun! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there!

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I love everything about this project! So very awesome! Happy to be following you via GFC and looking forward to more!

Crystelle Boutique said...

I am speechless! this is so super cute! did it take you FOREVER?
It is super cute...
pinning!

hugs x
Crystelle
http://www.crystelleboutique.com

Craftberry Bush said...

this is just so cool !

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

That turned out so cool! I like that you added that heart, too.

McKenzie @ Girl Loves Glam said...

This is so dang cute!

the cape on the corner said...

that is super awesome! i think the combo you did with the "ou" or words really makes it flow better, too. i'm coming over here from my repurposed life where you are one of the features. congrats!

Connie said...

I love this so much! And, it’s still circulating even NINE YEARS LATER, because it’s so awesome. What size canvas did you use?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...